Friday, July 25, 2008

Faint Lines and Digital Errors

It all started Wednesday, July 23, 2008. I woke up to workout and thought well, I might as well take a pregnancy test too. So, with my cheap dollar store test in hand I go to the bathroom, pee in a little cup, use the dropper to drop the pee on the test and I see a very faint, barely there pink line. It can't be a line, so I grab another cheap dollar store test, hmmmm, another faint pink line. I better make sure this is for real so I grab a 3rd one (call me obsessive) and yet another faint line. Okay, I better workout now, so I workout and keep running to the bathroom to check the tests to make sure I'm not crazy. By the time I'm done working out Jeff is awake and I make him check, he tells me he isn't sure about the lines. He is crazy I keep thinking, those are sooooooo lines. That afternoon I go buy a nice $13 digital test at Target. I get home and pee on it. I pee on it wrong, you ask how you do that, well I have no idea how, but leave it to me. It gave me the book, and according to #11 in the test instruction booklet the book means you peed on it wrong, FAIL! So, there is $13 down the toilet. I didn't want to spend more money on a $13 test, but about 7 p.m. Jeff can tell I'm itching to take a test so he sends me to Rite Aid. This time I buy a 2-pack of cheap Rite Aid brand tests and another $13 digital. I get home, pee in a cup this time rather than trying to aim for the stupid stick. I dip the cheap test in and a blue positive line comes up immediately. So I scream, Jeff runs in and says, the line is too light. Men!! So, I say OK, we will try the expensive digital. Well, about 2 minutes later it says PREGNANT. I think for a brief second about this, what is going through my head is: WTF was I thinking. I'm Pregnant??!!!??? Holy crap!!! Maizy is going to have a sister or a brother!!!

So, my next few days are consumed by thoughts of babies and baby stuff and excitement!!! I immediately purchased some stretch mark prevention cream which Jeff claims is worthless. I said how would you know, your not pregnant! I also told him that $19 stretch mark cream is cheaper than $50,000 plastic surgery to remove stretch marks later in life.

I have also noticed by Friday of this same week that my pants are tight. They are cutting my circulation off by noon. I've even lost 2 lbs.! What is going on here?? Evidentially the first few weeks of pregnancy you get bloated, I'm glad we learned about this in sex ed. So, I get online and start researching. I find this fabulous item called a Bella Band. It is a stretchy, yet fashionable band you can wear around your waist to hold up pre-pregnancy pants. You leave the pants unbuttoned and put this band around them. Fabulous invention!! Here is the website: http://www.ingridandisabel.com/ I ordered the black one with lace. Except I bought mine on Ebay, it was brand new and a little cheaper.

I also must add that Maizy is quite excited about being a big sister, even though it will be a human baby and not a squirrel. We can't have it all now can we Maizy.

1 comment:

Jen and Justin said...

oh you sneaky sneaky SNEAKY one! here you were blogging on your baby blog and all along i'm asking you POST A BLOG on your blog (your REGULAR ONE). i should have known :)
Congratulations to you guys!!! I'll keep bosted via your blog here :)